Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Note from the Past......

I have been working on my (step) 2nd great grandmother's genealogy with my cousin Randy, her name was Angelina Lewis Schweikert. I hate to even call her a step because she lovingly raised my Great Grandmother who lost her mother when she was two years old. Not only did Angelina raise 8 of my great-great grandmothers siblings but she had 9 of her own children with my GG grandfather John Schweikert. Below is a note that was attached to her marriage certificate that we just located, the note gives permission from Angelina's father, (Andrew), for Angelina, (28 years old at the time), to marry John Schweikert, age 47!
Let me translate:

June the 14th 1873
"Let John Schweikert have license, the girl is daughter Angelina Lewis,
Andrew Lewis"

1 comment:

Angelavon said...

wow...that is really interesting! good job... you should make a geneology blog. i love it! i'm always so grateful that i was raised hearing about my ancestors and being familiar with them and their lives.