Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A find when visiting Brad's Aunt!

Mary Jane Dall Sylvester (center) and Her husand George (right), (Brad's maternal grandparents), horse back riding near their home in Knightsville, Utah. During the town's peak it was only one of two mining camps in Utah without saloons or red-light districts. George made his living as a miner. The George and Mary Jane Sylvester Family in front of the Manti temple 1924 on their sealing day. Brad's mom, Ada Sylvester and Aunt Ruth are in front!

This summer I had a nice genealogy find in regards to Brad's family. Since Brad & I married three years ago I have been trying to connect with people to help me bring Brad's family history to life. One thing I love about my husband is the special relationship he had with his parents and his siblings. The Kings are basically the nicest family ever. They are all very good to each other, but the one thing I noticed was a lack of some shared family history. The last serveral years Brad and I have traveled down to visit his Aunt Ruth, and we had such wonderful visits. The last visit we took was with Rip and Leslie, Leslie is Brad's sister. I had asked several times for pictures but never really got anything from Ruth, but when Leslie came down she just took over and really found us some valuable pictures that I want to share.

2 comments:

Katie and Jason said...

Wow, those are really neat pictures Kris! Way to go. I need to take lessons from you and get going on geneology. You are amazing.

Sketchy said...

These are so great Kris! thank you so much for finding them. Do you think you could send me a larger copy by email? I would love to see if I can repair the scratches on the top one. I don't know if I can do much to correct the blur on the lower one, but I'll see.

Thank you!!!