Friday, November 9, 2007

Our New Pass-time!












After we got married Brad introduced me to a new pass-time.....running. I remember the first time he took me out and I could hardly run 1/2 mile before feeling I was going to pass out. Well, Brad was so patient and for months he dragged me along on his runs and then finally, one day, I realized that I liked it and decided to push a little harder, then the big step.... we signed up for an event. Our first event was "the run to feed the hungry" in Sacramento. Brad, Angela, and I ran the 10K and Amanda, Aaron, and Austin ran the 5K. The second event was Pirates Cove Trail Run, which was a half marathon that Brad's daughter Jamie came down and ran with us. Running the hills of the Marin Headlands (by San Francisco) was tough but we did finished and we had a great time together. Lastly Brad, Jamie, and her finance Ian, decided to sign upfor a Triatholon in Coleville, Washington. We biked 28 miles, 1/2 mile swim and 6 mile run. It took us 4 hours but we finally finished. I think that will always be a fond memory because they announced all the people crossing the finish line and Brad and I finished together, I was exhausted but Brad just kept encouraging me on, when we went over the finish like I could hear the announcer say that "Brad and Kris King" finished the race and announced our time. Really cool. I love sharing my life with my husband.



No comments: